Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE: LPX) in the last few weeks:
- 11/6/2019 – Louisiana-Pacific had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada to $35.00. They now have a “top pick” rating on the stock.
- 11/6/2019 – Louisiana-Pacific had its price target raised by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $28.00 to $34.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 11/6/2019 – Louisiana-Pacific was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “b” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 11/1/2019 – Louisiana-Pacific had its price target raised by analysts at TD Securities from $26.00 to $31.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 10/10/2019 – Louisiana-Pacific was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/2/2019 – Louisiana-Pacific was downgraded by analysts at Longbow Research from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
Shares of NYSE:LPX opened at $29.50 on Tuesday. Louisiana-Pacific Co. has a 12 month low of $20.39 and a 12 month high of $30.34. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $26.77 and its two-hundred day moving average price is $25.09. The company has a quick ratio of 2.34, a current ratio of 3.52 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.31. The firm has a market cap of $3.43 billion, a P/E ratio of 10.77 and a beta of 1.44.
Louisiana-Pacific (NYSE:LPX) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, November 5th. The building manufacturing company reported $0.08 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.18 by ($0.10). Louisiana-Pacific had a return on equity of 4.93% and a net margin of 2.67%. The company had revenue of $603.00 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $606.71 million. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.83 EPS. The firm’s revenue was down 18.2% compared to the same quarter last year. As a group, equities analysts predict that Louisiana-Pacific Co. will post 0.51 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Large investors have recently modified their holdings of the business. Wedge Capital Management L L P NC lifted its position in Louisiana-Pacific by 4.3% during the 2nd quarter. Wedge Capital Management L L P NC now owns 21,102 shares of the building manufacturing company’s stock valued at $553,000 after purchasing an additional 879 shares during the period. Bourgeon Capital Management LLC acquired a new stake in shares of Louisiana-Pacific in the 3rd quarter valued at approximately $25,000. Coastal Capital Group Inc. acquired a new stake in shares of Louisiana-Pacific in the 2nd quarter valued at approximately $27,000. Strs Ohio raised its position in shares of Louisiana-Pacific by 7.5% in the 2nd quarter. Strs Ohio now owns 17,200 shares of the building manufacturing company’s stock valued at $450,000 after acquiring an additional 1,200 shares during the period. Finally, Alpha Windward LLC raised its position in shares of Louisiana-Pacific by 8.9% in the 2nd quarter. Alpha Windward LLC now owns 19,789 shares of the building manufacturing company’s stock valued at $522,000 after acquiring an additional 1,611 shares during the period. 97.04% of the stock is currently owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures building products primarily for use in new home construction, repair and remodeling, and outdoor structure markets. It also markets and sells products for use in light industrial and commercial construction applications. It operates through four segments: Siding; North America Oriented Strand Board (OSB); Engineered Wood Products; and South America.
Featured Story: What is a Tariff?
Receive News & Ratings for Louisiana-Pacific Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Louisiana-Pacific Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.