Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 12.6% higher against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 8:00 AM Eastern on June 29th. Namecoin has a total market cap of $11.31 million and approximately $6,936.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last week, Namecoin has traded up 4.2% against the dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.77 or 0.00006376 BTC on major exchanges including Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, C-Patex and Livecoin.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $12,056.33 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $433.44 or 0.03614428 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.37 or 0.00003092 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $148.70 or 0.01235883 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 1.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.24 or 0.00026954 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 4.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00001264 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0098 or 0.00000082 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0154 or 0.00000128 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded up 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0016 or 0.00000013 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BX Thailand, Tux Exchange, Bleutrade, WEX, YoBit, SouthXchange, Cryptopia, Bitsane, C-Patex, Trade By Trade, Poloniex, Bittylicious, Altcoin Trader and Livecoin. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.