XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 7% lower against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 12:00 PM E.T. on May 31st. XRP has a market capitalization of $17.96 billion and approximately $3.06 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day. One XRP coin can currently be purchased for about $0.43 or 0.00005098 BTC on popular exchanges including Exrates, Gate.io, Bitfinex and Covesting. During the last week, XRP has traded up 9.8% against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $32.04 or 0.00382922 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded 9.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $183.01 or 0.02187557 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00011926 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001558 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 8.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0317 or 0.00000379 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 9.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $12.90 or 0.00154174 BTC.
- COZ (COZ) traded up 26.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00004541 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded 6.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004125 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0678 or 0.00000811 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0074 or 0.00000088 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
XRP Coin Trading
XRP can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinbe, Exrates, Bittrex, MBAex, BX Thailand, Koinex, Bitso, Exmo, Kraken, Bithumb, Ripple China, Bitbank, Binance, Ovis, Indodax, Gatehub, Vebitcoin, ZB.COM, Sistemkoin, Instant Bitex, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Stellar Decentralized Exchange, OTCBTC, Bitlish, Coinhub, Zebpay, Huobi, CoinEgg, Gate.io, OKEx, Bitbns, OpenLedger DEX, LakeBTC, FCoin, BTC Trade UA, RippleFox, Bits Blockchain, DragonEX, Bitstamp, Korbit, Coinone, Independent Reserve, Altcoin Trader, Tripe Dice Exchange, GOPAX, Cryptomate, Bitfinex, BitBay, Coinsquare, Coinrail, Koineks, Stellarport, BitFlip, CoinFalcon, Kuna, Braziliex, CEX.IO, Bitsane, Cryptohub, DigiFinex, BCEX, WazirX, Bitinka, Coinsuper, Liquid, HitBTC, BTC Markets, B2BX, Covesting, ABCC, LiteBit.eu, Poloniex, Coindeal, BitMarket, BtcTurk, C2CX, Fatbtc, Upbit and CoinBene. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.